Gabby Petito investigation continues with FBI digging into Brian Laundrie’s communications story


The investigation into Brian Laundrie’s death continues, with the FBI digging the fugitive’s digital footprint in an attempt to close the Gabby Petito case. The independent reports that the FBI is reconstructing Laundrie’s “digital footprint” using her movements and communications in the days leading up to her death as clues to solving the case. Laundrie’s remains are still being examined by a forensic anthropologist to determine the cause of her death, and law enforcement attempts to repair a notebook found in a dry bag near her corpse.

Using the notebook, his texts and emails, the use of social media and internet browsing history before his death, authorities hope to find some of the missing pieces of this case. “I think the FBI knows a lot about these issues and they will be resolved,” said Brian Entin, NewsNation correspondent. “If they close the case, these documents will be available through public record searches.” Petito’s family have made it clear that they believe Laundrie is impersonating them in text messages after her death. This information is therefore essential to the investigation.

A Florida sheriff has provided an update on Laundrie’s cause of death, two weeks after the missing man’s remains were found in a state park. According to Sarasota Herald-TribuneSarasota County Sheriff Kurt Hoffman spoke at a law enforcement forum last week, praising the work of North Port, Fla. of Police Chief Todd Garrison and his team. “We spoke probably 20 times during this situation and obviously backed them up in the reserve looking for Brian Laundrie,” Hoffman said.

Sheriff Hoffman then added, “This guy went over there and by all accounts probably committed suicide and he was right where we thought he was. There was four feet of water. there at the time. ” Laundrie was reported missing by his family on September 17. They told authorities he left his home on September 14 but never returned. His disappearance came just days before Petito’s body was found by authorities in Wyoming. Her family reported her missing on September 11, after not having heard from her for nearly two weeks.

According to reports, Petito and Laundrie had gone on a trip across the country in June. Towards the end of August, Petito reportedly started to be less communicative before sending one last text on August 30, which his family questioned the authenticity of which they believe he may not have. been sent by her. Laundrie returned home to North Port on September 1, but was reportedly unwilling to cooperate with police in the investigation into Petito’s disappearance. Laundrie was never an official suspect in Petito’s death, but he was seen as a person of interest. Authorities embarked on a thorough search of Laundrie and finally confirmed on October 21 that her remains had been discovered.


Leave A Reply