Sippy murder case: Kalyani stopped communicating with Sippy 5 days before murder : The Tribune India


Tribune press service

Amit Sharma

Chandigarh, June 23

The CBI’s investigation into the murder of gunman and national level lawyer Sukhmanpreet Singh Sidhu, aka Sippy Sidhu, revealed that while Sippy and the accused Kalyani Singh were in constant contact in 2015 and even exchanged emails during of his trip abroad, Kalyani suddenly stopped communicating with him five days before the murder. There is no record of calls/emails between Kalyani and Sippy during those five days.

Sippy was shot in a Sector 27 park on September 20, 2015. A .12 caliber shotgun was used in the crime and four bullets were fired.

In 2015, the defendant remained actively in contact with Sippy and attended receptions with him. She wanted to retrieve the objectionable data but he dwelled on it, the CBI said. She visited his office frequently until August 2015 and, interestingly, used to call him using other employees’ phones when he was unavailable in the office.

On August 20, 2015, Sippy left for Delhi where he stayed for one night. The next day he took a flight to London. While abroad, the accused and Sippy exchanged emails until September 14, 2015.

On August 29, 2015, Sippy wrote to Kalyani admitting her wrongdoings and told her about her seriousness in marrying him. He asked her if she had found someone else now. Sippy offered to “clear things up” once and for all between Kalynai and his number one girlfriend face to face. Kalyani replied that she and her family had often seen Sippy with her number one girlfriend.

Through the email sent by Sippy on August 30, 2015, he informed Kalyani that “the news is that Aunt is finding a guy in the High Court; you found it, I knew it”. He informed her that he had severed all ties with his number one girlfriend as he could not afford to lose her.

On September 7, 2015, Kalyani emailed to ask Sippy about her well-being and other plans regarding his trip. The duo exchanged several emails. However, Kalyani suddenly stopped communicating with Sippy when he was supposed to return.

The CBI pointed out that the judge’s daughter did not explain why she stopped communicating with Sippy from September 15, 2015.

Although Kalyani reportedly visited Sippy’s office on September 18-19.

Kalyani’s uncle wished her ‘a life without litter’

A message sent by Kalyani’s uncle seven days before the murder also caught the attention of the CBI. The CBI investigation revealed that while examining an iPhone 6, which was taken from Kalyani by the investigative agency, it was discovered that she had received a message from her uncle on September 13 in which he wished her a “life without litter”. ”. The next day was the last time Kalyani contacted Sippy via email.

No data found in CDs

On March 17, 2015, Sippy sent screenshots of alleged recordings of Kalyani’s friend, who had been in contact with her since 2013. They used to exchange long calls during odd hours. Sippy also sent a photo showing CD images claiming it contained messages, call logs and Viber between Kalyani and her friend.

During the investigation, seven CDs were recorded of Sippy’s brother, Jasmanpreet Singh, and sent to CFSL, Chandigarh, to retrieve the data. However, the CFSL found that there was no data in these CDs.


Comments are closed.